Friday, August 21, 2009

Life Lessons

Today I have had a few epiphanies that I thought I should share with the world since I am turning over a new leaf and becoming a dedicated blogger. Unfortunately for all two of you that give a crap about what I have to say, this new blogging leaf does not specify that I have to say anything relevant or meaningful. Just an FYI so that you can click off now if you don't want to waste any more seconds of precious life reading my babble.



Anyhoo, on to my life lessons of the day....



1) Laxatives work and they work well. Thank you Lord for inspiring the inventors of Ex-Lax.



2) When reading blogs of people that are actually entertaining while sitting on the toilet (see above lesson) close the door. Especially if the bathroom light is on. And the bedroom light is out. And the blinds are open, thereby creating the perfect fishbowl opportunity for the neighbor's living room window directly across. I assume they are pouring acid on their eyeballs right now to eliminate that image, which I guess would keep me from worrying about that particular situation again.



3) I need to get a life. The above activities should indicate that.



4) Ok, hold on to your seats cuz I actually DO have a profound lesson to share. Here goes... I am too obsessed with my body image and what I think it should look like based on photos of models and those bitches in Maxim magazine. (I'm sure they're nice, for real, but still!!!) Some others of you that have MSN as your home page may have seen this same stunning photo of a nearly nude beautiful girl who appears to be perfectly at home in her own skin. Here's the kicker... she is a plus sized model! She has the same and maybe a few flaws I'm not freaking about with my own body, and she is beautiful! Check it-



The best part of this photo is that it was in Glamour magazine, the one and same that likely helped produce my body issues, and that this girl is a size 12+! Apparently the feedback from readers was huge and joyful! How many of us appreciate that someone "normal" is being flaunted as sexy and comfortable in something besides a mumu or a before pic for some new diet? Hallelujah! This is coming from me, she who has been dieting for a year, losing 50 lbs and still obsessed with the fact that my tummy still looks like, well, hers. What does that say about me? I'm a little scared to look too far into that, but I do think that I need to chill the heck out and just be as cool and comfortable with my body as she is. I honestly think it's her confidence and posture that spells out her beauty, and maybe her perfect skin tone. I think that more weight loss would be fine for me if it happened, but a loss of my perfection-seeking body obsessions would be far more appropriate, and provide more long term happiness.



If you want to read the full article, you can find it at-

http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/blogs/vitamin-g/2009/08/on-the-cl-the-picture-you-cant.html



*please forgive me for breaking any licensing laws or copyright laws or anything else I can be held accountable for during the writing of this article. Oh, and if the laxative talk grossed you out, too dang bad. I'm crazy like that.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

It's nice to have you back. Oh how I've missed your writing.