Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back In The Saddle!

The sad reality is that I can't even type that title and not hear Steven Tyler screaming that in my head. And now it won't go away. Dang. It. When moments ago I wandered to my dear neglected blog, I had no intention of wasting mine or anyone's time with what is sure to be a ramble since I have no idea where to start filling any of the gaps since my last post in I don't even know how long. But here I am, back in the saddle, with Steven Tyler pissing me off in my head, writing about nothing. Woe to you, anyone out there that may stumble on this. Anyone there? HELLO, Hello, hello...

So it seems that I left off right after we moved to Sierra Vista because Jack got a long awaited promotion. I assume that I stopped writing not only because I am a horrible procrastinator but also because my life went tits up. Yeah, the long awaited promotion? Total layoff. It went from bad to worse and now we are just starting to rebuild, carefully living for today because we're afraid tomorrow may sh*t on us. Call me Pollyanna. In any case, I have retained my sometimes sordid, always snarky sense of humor and look forward to boring anyone willing to read the crap that I have to say. I've decided that since I should fill in the gaps for my posterity that may someday read my rantings, to throw in "Random History" posts whenever I get round to it and do my best to stay current. As Jack always tells me, "Promises, promises..." Of course he is not referring to my blogging goals, but whatever, it sounded good. Or not.

How about I start with a funny story? Sounds good to me! (note- I answer myself nowadays. I read somewhere that talking to yourself is only bad if you answer yourself as well. That can't mean anything good for me.)

Once upon a time there was a girl that had a belly ache because she hadn't pooped in almost a week!

Ok, so that's not funny. Not funny at all. How about this real time conversation I am having with Sydney:

Sydney: Mom... what is the most dangerousest animal on earf?

Me: mentally scrambling and trying to decide between crocodiles, lions, sharks, only to cover
my ignorance with a question: What do you think the most dangerous animal is Miss. Syd?

Sydney: I'm pretty sure it's the hippo.

Me: .....................

Syd and I have the most amazing conversations sometimes. Here's one that Doodles had with my sister-in-law, Abby recently that I will probably laugh about for some time!

Abby: cuddling Doodles How is it that you got so cute?

Doodles: From my mom. (I didn't even teach her to say that!)

Abby: What about your dad? Didn't he help make you cute?

Doodles: giggling Dad isn't cute!!!!

Abby: Why not?

Doodles: Cuz he's pissed off all da time!!!!

Aaah... Child of my heart!

1 comment:

Lanna Palmer said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again:) Last week I almost took you off of my side bar, thinking you had given up....but I waited and sure enough, you're back!!!! You're a great writer, and I've missed your posts. Hopefully life is going better for you all, what a stress, but hey, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger... right?