Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Suck.

Ok, so you know that I meant that figuratively and not literally right? Right? RIGHT??? I meant that my last post was back in early November and even then didn't even touch on many of the things that had been going on. So I meant that I suck as a blogger. I have let y'all down, (all 2 of you) and I intend to get caught up ASAP. I promise. With that, you can now stop holding your breath and go move on with a song in your hearts.

So the more recent news is that Jack has now joined many of our fellow Americans in the ranks of the unemployed. Now that we have been relocated to the Land of No Jobs in the Middle of Nowhere, his yard is being shut down. He had the choice to take the severance package or move back to the Phx yard, to his old job, for less money, no truck, at our own expense and with no future guarantees. Nervously, we have decided to take the severance and head back to Oregon. At least then if we were suffering, we'd be doing it with family and friends!

I will do the catch up work soon, but I have to tell a Punkin story before it disappears in the slippery realm that is my scattered brain.

Punkin has been horribly sick since for the last five days. We're talking high fever, headache, sinus, the whole works. I freaked out for a bit because I wasn't sure what to do since I am almost positive that the kid has never had a real serious cold in her entire life. And really, the other two have only had high fevers lasting more than a day once a piece. This made me realize how blessed and spoiled I really am. The point that I'm not trying to rub in, is that Punkin is inexperienced with the things that come with colds and such. Like coughing. I think the kid has no concept about how and why to cough. Every time in the last few days she felt the tickle in her throat she would basically just clear it and cry and I'm pretty sure she thought that she was dying. I've been trying to encourage and teach her by showing her how to cough so that she could clear out some of the junk in her chest. So today we're on the way home from dropping the girls off at school, she's in the back seat clutching her Pepsi (my bad) and I could hear her trying to cough. She's doing her dangdest to hold it in by clamping her lips together. The forces of nature were not to be held back by just a little girl with a closed mouth! It had to come out somewhere and that somewhere had to be her nostrils! Oh yeah, we're talking snot explosion. Have I mentioned that snot is right up there with poop and vomit on my list of nastiness? Dang kid. Isn't coughing like breathing? Shouldn't it come all natural or something? I wonder if it's some defective gene or something. That's it. Jack's fault.

In other news... well hmmm... I can't think of anything relevant. Anyway, historical updates will be coming.

3 comments:

Aaron & Jayme said...

Oh man sorry for the bad stroke of luck!

Alicia is so funny. And of course it had to come outta her nose with your luck :)

Aundrea said...

So sorry about the work situation...It really sucks! We'll be happy to see more of you now though:) Just the Pollyanna in me, I can't help it!

Blame everything on the father, is my policy too:) Hope she's feeling better now!

Wendy said...

I'm sorry to hear about the job but I'm excited to hear you're coming home!!!