Friday, September 6, 2013

New Beginnings

And here we are again... As I read over my blog, I see points where my diligence and motivation to maintain any kind of record of my family fun/chaos/mayhem/bullshit, fall off from time-to-time, and I begin again with a post about some new-found second wind and promise to be better. So now I know that I'm totally gonna drop off the face of the blog-o-sphere at some point again when the metaphorical shit hits the metaphorical fan, or in my world, not as metaphorical as I would like, and more likely to be a weed-eater than a fan, but the point is, I ramble too much that I'm totally cool with that! I'm working on my ability to love and forgive myself and all that shit.

My recent slackerdom is related to spending the last two+ years in hell school.  Almost three months from the graduation ceremony, I still can't sleep like a normal person at night and the thought of writing an essay has me reaching for a paper bag while I calculate how many bottles of wine it will take to put me back in my happy place.

Grad school starts in three weeks.

I'm not sure that my body can hold enough wine to help me cope with that.  Every minute of every day, I coach myself through the "why's" and "why not's" of my decision to continue, and continue, and continue my education. Some moments I come up with something brilliant and inspirational, but other times I imagine myself actually melting into a pool of insanity, where I can fantasize about the nature of bubbles and leprechauns and republicans and all kinds of other shit I don't understand.

Recently, a relative, (you know who you are) reminded me that I even had this little 'ol blog. I looked it up and remembered how fun it could be to write my random tales.  I'm thinking it's time to dust the cobwebs outta my overtaxed brain and play for awhile.  At least until grad school starts. Or doesn't. Or does. Or doesn't.

My sanity is definitely one of the great unknowns.

I also have a new love for e-cards.  I will likely post many of them.  If I post anything at all.


Why did I not think of this?  I would own that program.  I would own it without the paper bag, and the wine would only help sharpen my skills.  But in the end- reality sucks, so I can only practice my sarcasm on the poor lucky bastards that have to put up with me all the time.  

Cheers!

No comments: