Friday, August 28, 2009

Chicken Little

So today was a really strange day. At work there were some big changes that hopefully will work out for the best for all involved despite the bereft feelings that we all are having. I am truly one to believe that when one door closes, another will open. Of course for me, it usually opens and then swings back and hits me in the ass one last time. Hopefully that's just me and that the rest of y'all are safe. Whatever.

I just have to tell this story now before I forget the details. As if.... As if I will EVER let my dear cousin Kyle forget this incident!!!!! Hahahahohohohehehe! This is one for the books baby! Or the blogs as it may be. So this dear sweet cousin of mine is fresh outta high school and working full time teaching skateboarding lessons, and after work he went to the local skate park. He was in the middle of one of the "sickest runs" when he saw lights speeding across the sky with weird "lit up $hit" falling down from it. All the other skate pukes stopped to wonder what was going on but not Kyle. Nope, he was running with his board to the car. He drove home as fast as he could so that he wouldn't die alone. He ran in and told us that he thought Korea was bombing us and to turn on Channel 8. I thought that he must have seen a defective firework or something when Jack explained that the airshow was having a nighttime show as well. After a weird (crappy-ish) day at work, a couple glasses of wine, and a house full of little girls, this was the funniest crap I'd heard all day. Naturally I spent the rest of the night giggling while crouching and shrieking, "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"
The moral of the story is to not be stupid (Kyle).
I totally poached this picture from his myspace. Sorry copyright laws, and please don't throw me in the slammer.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Too funny! I love your writing. I always have a smile on my face when I'm reading it.
You have a gift for writing.