Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day 2008

So today is Valentine's Day and I am spending it just me and the girls because it is also my mother-in-law's birthday. Jack and I decided that it would be a cool surprise for his parents to have him just show up on their doorstep in time for her birthday. I'm not too concerned that he's missing Valentine's Day with us because it's just really another day isn't it? I am just grateful that he gets to spend some time with his parents and that his mom was so happy that she cried! They thought it was the cable guy that would be knocking on their door! So today I gave the girls a little something, and we have plans to eat crap food, drink soda, and watch a movie that daddy probably wouldn't like anyway! Even if Jack were here we would probably do something similar because it's not like we would want to go out and wait two hours for a table somewhere! And I have to say that this little trip reminded me of why I love Jack so much. He called me from the plane after he boarded , feeling sad because he was missing us and wishing he wasn't leaving! I would have thought that he would be kicking up his heels to celebrate a little freedom, but no, he just wanted to let me know that he was already sad and missing us! I hope he remembers that sadness when he comes back to the chaos!




So instead of picking up the kids curbside today, I parked and walked up to talk to the teachers and see how all of the Valentine stuff went today. While talking with Sydney's teacher, she was telling me that they were doing something in class where they had to draw a picture of themselves now, and then another one of themselves a hundred years from now. The current one was that of a little girl. Made sense. The one for the future was a drawing of a horse. She asked Syd if that meant that she would be riding horses in a hundred years, or if she would be a horse in a hundred years? Sydney said she would BE a horse in a hundred years. Duh...

Sydney the horse.

No comments: