Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sleep Disorder


I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I have a new love for eCards, right? Also asking "right?" all the time is my other new and favorite irritating habit.  Ask Jack. Well, and everyone else that has to listen to me.  You guys would agree, right?! HELLO... Hello... hellooo... Who am I kidding? Nobody listens to me! 

I felt like this eCard is representative of my combination problems of ADD and insomnia.  It's seriously problematic.  It's also why I suck at meditating and find myself seeking a glass of wine to chill out since I can't sit still long enough, and stay focused long enough to find peace via meditation.  This is why I have to be funny!  If I didn't find humor in my daily bullshit life, I would have to be institutionalized.  

School started again today.  Didn't even need the paper bag, but I must confess that I indulged in wine tonight, though not as much as I predicted I would need to keep me from losing it when faced with a predictable future of sleepless nights hunched over my keyboard, cursing my stupidity for signing up for school again in the first place.  

Incidentally I did learn some things today.  I learned about how disgusting war is and that in the end there are no "good guys" or "bad guys", and the "why's/wherefore's" don't matter, and that in the end, there are only dead guys.  Lots of them.  I also learned, to my surprise, that even in grad school there is always that one person in class that every time they talk, everyone else looks to each other and tries to think nice thoughts, despite the desperate yearning to roll our eyes into the back of our heads, because, well... We are studying peace after all.

Yeah, peace out, bitches! *Insert peace sign with eye roll* Cuz I can.


No comments: