Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bobbing For Turds


The Bane Of My Existence has struck again. I type this story while reflecting on my life and wondering why the Lord thinks that he needs to continue giving me situations that will develop a sense of humor. It's fortunate that He's given me so much already so that the story I'm about to tell did not result in the slaughter of a small dog.


Once upon a time there was a small dog that wanted to die. He couldn't articulate his suicide mission, so I can only guess by his actions, his desires for a quick death. At this computer I was sitting while the two big kids were playing out front and the little one slept. All had been peaceful except for a quick in and out bathroom stop for Sydney. A while later it was from this same bathroom that came some disturbing noise. I was drug from my focused concentration by the snorting (if you've ever had close contact with a pug you can imagine the snuffling/snorting noises), splashing noises from the bathroom. I realized that it was Smudge and it sounded like he was trying to scuba dive in the toilet or something. I yelled for him and when he did not appear and the noises seemed more intense, I thought to go see what he was doing. I WISH THAT I NEVER KNEW. As I was coming around my desk, he came out in the hallway with what he thought was his prize! He dropped a huge turd that on the floor and then looked up at me with his little face that was covered with pieces of toilet paper and well, poop water. I don't think that I could have gotten him out of the house any faster, nor said any more swear words associated with "poop" (my nice term:) !) or little dogs (again, my nice term!). Adding insult to injury, while picking up the turd with half a roll of toilet paper, and my shirt covering my nose, I managed to smack my head on the door frame which made me see stars. I suppose it was better than seeing poop which was my current reality, but it smarted quite a bit. By the time Jack walked in the door, I had cleaned up the bathroom that had sewer water everywhere, and had a serious discussion with Sydney about the merits of flushing the toilet and putting down the lid after pooping. (I even used the nice word) Seriously, Lord, a turd eating dog? Ha. Ha.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I know so many women want to have your life normally, but... this is the push over the edge.... watch out.... women all over the world are pushing each other out of the way to get to your house!! You lucky bitch!

Rochelle said...

So pretty much you just endured another typical Amber day?

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh this made me laugh out loud!!! You are so stinkin' funny...

calistamarie said...

so laughing out loud. did banging your head make you more mad at the dog? i think it would have made me more mad at the dog. lol