Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Highway to Hell


This blog was inspired by my dear friend Rochelle who has this really creative shot of her son Thatcher sucking his thumb while sitting in his car seat, looking for all the world like he is pondering the nature of his existence. Due to the setup in my car, and the glare of the sun off of the rear view mirror, the picture of my car experience is neither creative nor is it existential in nature. I would go more with hair-pulling, migraine inducing misery. Just for perspective I have to explain that the school that I go to every day of the week is forty minutes away in Good Traffic. In the morning I am not in Good Traffic. It's more like an hour and a half when looking at the best case scenario. This equals at least forty five to fifty minutes of this sort of behavior. I've tried yelling, threats, bribery, swatting back at her while desperately keeping control of my sanity, and am currently working on the bored, unconcerned look since none of the others are working. I'm hoping that the adage regarding the concept that if you "ignore it, it will go away" has some truth to it. It's not like this sort of behavior is new or anything. She's just larger, as are her vocal cords. This has been going on since birth, which is why I think I'm so worn down. It's got to get better right?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Amber ~~ I love the blog! It is great to see all the pictures of you guys. Love seeing all the fun you have been having. It almost inspires me to do my own blog, but I would probably never find the time to keep it up. Maybe someday :)
Hugs ~ Amy

Babs_Baldwin said...

That sucks...I would never have that will power! I'd have to say that I would quit school and be a dead beat mom for sure! Good luck with that ;)

Rochelle said...

AHH! I see some things never change! :)

Aundrea said...

Good luck! I'm hoping it gets better for you...I'd be more like Barbara and probably quit:) You are the stronger person!

calistamarie said...

Ohhh show this to her prom date. Ha!